Wednesday, February 1, 2012

This Is THE Color




When I went to buy paint, I took my 2nd favorite color with me...my jammies! I went to my favorite paint store (Parker Paint) and selected the closest color from the fan. Now that the paint is dry, wondering how well it matches. Wow! No wonder I love it on the walls!
Top: no flash (untouched)
Bottom: with flash

What is my favorite color? PERIWINKLE!

This periwinkle is PMS 272 in care of RGB. Well, it's close. I've done a lot of painting with "lilac" and since the playroom doesn't have any windows, I opted for something brighter?

Speaking of color...a few current favorite fabrics:
1)Dahlia Mist-Terrain by Kate Spain for Moda
2)Blue Floral-Pam Kitty Morning by Pam Vieira-McGinnis for Lakehouse Dry Goods
3)Floral Multi-Isabella by Lila Tueller for Riley Blake

And my FAVORITE fabric of ALL TIME, I love love love aqua and raspberry, what a great pair! Sadly, this fabric is out of production. I search now and then and have acquired several little pouches from Etsy, a destash 29" piece which I bought only 10 hours after it was listed (good timing!) and a fat quarter. I'm not going to tell you what I paid for those. There's a listing on eBay for $25 per fat quarter, which is beyond my love...I refuse to purchase cotton quilt fabric at $100 per yard!
-Full Bloom/Duck Egg French Wallpaper-Belle by Amy Butler for Rowan
UPDATE: Sept 2013-This fabric was re-released! I can't believe it is back! I've ordered nearly 15 yards and plan to make some cute "love" quilts and I just enjoy looking at the folded stack of fabric! YAY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...