Saturday, March 17, 2012

Kitchen Rescue



I'm constantly amazed how we've been able to keep the dining room tidy...that was completed in September and it is now March...that's more than SIX months! It is a constant source of pleasure...every night I tuck in the chairs, clear off the table and pick up stray items off the floor. This tiny bit of routine maintenance has really paid off. It has become a beneficial habit and keeps the mess from getting out of control.

Last night I was talking with John in the kitchen. I was commenting on the kitchen mess and he said "but it isn't half as bad as it used to be". That gave me some inspiration for a weekend rescue for this room. I took photos today and tomorrow I'll work on getting everything where it goes and wiping down all the counters.

What Do I See? Reality photos...grime on the counters, garbage, recycle, dirty dishes, clean dishes (!), iron, sewing/cutting mat, Legos, pencils and pens, only a few of today's dirty dishes in sink, several items out of place, several items not put away, several items that don't have a home. I think I'll focus on one counter area at a time. I'll post photos tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

  1. And I see cleaning supplies, a flower, the paper towels on the holder, "Hope" on the back of a cereal box, something that looks very intriguing--almost like a pirate ship, snacks(!), and the shiny fronts of appliances. And there is even a subtle order to the disorder. Your hard work has really paid off. I am eager to find out how long it took you to whip this back into shape. I bet it wasn't long!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...