Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Turning to New Ways Day 2 of 64


This is the living room that we call the playroom. It has many boxes that were never dealt with after moving. No one gets to use this room because it is full of stuff.

Today was one of my days to working on tidying...day 2 of 64 to be exact. I did not want to do this today, but I know doing what I don't want to do is what it is going to take to reach freedom. It was really hard to get started.

I got to work doing what I thought was best, but when my husband came home, we had a huge discussion. After listening to him and being willing to let go of my own ways, I think he's right. I'm going about this all wrong.

I'm going to take a completely different course over these next weeks. Here's what I have planned:

-four boxes...trash, giveaway, keep, relocate
-start with my stuff and have Sarah help me as I go through the process of weeding through my last boxes and the pantry
-then we'll work on her stuff together...and then I'll be done

My friend Christi suggested I have her participate with me first and watch how I work through the challenges. She loves to sort! I think she'll do just fine once we start her stuff.

I need to accept the inconvenience of being "in the process of tidying". I need to let go of some of my own ideas about how things should be because they are self-centered. An hour ago I was very discouraged, but I can see how I can move forward with new vision. Thank you Lord!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...