Friday, April 10, 2015

Breakthrough to Surrender

Everything is blooming really early this year!

A few weeks ago, my friends talked to me about my tendency for excess. It was very hard to hear the truth, but I'm so grateful for them helping me to see and this has precipitated a breakthrough. That is a short and concise way of telling a really long story-be glad!

In a nutshell, I've always thought I was afraid of the future, even afraid of the unknown and even the freedom I so desire. But my friend told me it wasn't about those things, it was really about surrendering my whole life to the Lord. Immediately, I knew she was right!

The Lord gave me a metaphor about a wild horse, which I'll have to post sometime, but for now, I want to update my blog.

I'm becoming so disgusted with my situation and I can feel my attitudes shifting. I don't want this anymore!

Ironically, this breakthrough has proceeded us moving again.

We should be moving around May 30th, which means packing. But in order to pack, we have to clean the living room, so we have a place for the boxes. If we had a garage, we of course would use that, but since we don't, we need to clear out a room.

I realized the other day that the living room is full of things that are not mine. That means I need to help those to whom these items belong! I think in the back of my mind, I've been making the excuse "it's not mine and I don't know where to put it". No longer.

I'm eager to document finally gaining freedom. The Lord has been empowering me in new ways as I relinquish control of this area and continually repent as I go through stuff. I have a lot of hope for living normally in our new place, I'm getting so excited as it becomes more real!

Note: Looking back through these photos, I realize what a process this has been to overcome. Recently, I've had some insight into my attitudes, and I have more hope of overcoming completely, to live above the "need" for more. Right now I feel pretty clear about my weight loss journey (which started six months after this blog was born). I would like to have a similar clarity about tidy house. I'll be asking the Lord more about this in the days to come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...