Thursday, September 10, 2015

ADD

Apple tree in backyard that litters the grass with pithy fruit

Over the past few months, I've been (re)exploring A.D.D. This is sorta funny, but many years ago I knew I had ADD, but I forgot! Recently, it's reintroduced itself and I'm so grateful! I'm finding some relief from many frustrations as I am more self aware (and older) now!

I've been making some observations about myself...but what I really want to post here on Tidy-House is that one thing that REALLY HELPS ME is to identify the ONE THING I can do to get started. This post is a reminder to myself of that concept, because it is possible likely I will forget about it!

For example, let's say I write "cancel appointment" on my daily to-do list. Instead of thinking "cancel appointment", I need to think "find Joe's phone number".

If I want to "clean the kitchen", I need to think "pick up trash off counters".

It seems once I engage in that ONE SMALL THING, I'm off and running. And remembering that gives me a lot of HOPE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...