Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Living Room Update

Living Room Update...every day I just GO IN THERE and PICK UP SOMETHING. It is difficult to describe how hard this has been...it's just a room-go clean it up! Today was good as I'm really trying to bust through some clutter.

We keep our board games in our master closet. Just what we do. The games all migrate downstairs because that's where they get played. I realize there's a disconnect here...the games should live downstairs, but there just isn't room for them anywhere. (John collects games, media, music and books so we have a lot of those things)! I paid the kids to take the games upstairs...20 cents per trip. It was worth it!

I bagged up all my yarn (eeeegads! I learned to crochet this year and I have heaps of yarn everywhere!) in plastic trash bags just to get them out of the room. They moved into my bedroom, which is another story for another day. I put the two most important crochet projects (Christmas gifts) in totes which look nice and tidy. These live next to the sofa for the rare occasion that I might get to work on them.

Put a few things in the giveaway pile and can't believe how much TRASH there is-what is wrong with the people who live here!? Don't they ever put anything away!?

Decided to take the guitars upstairs and put them in the space outside Daniel's room, perfect.

Got a plastic trash bag for "Sarah" and one for "Daniel" and anything random goes in there. Also have the plastic bag for trash going and put Sarah's dollies in a box so they are together. Took the curtain rod upstairs as I won't be installing the curtain panels until after Christmas. Moved the sofa over to make room for the tree. Removed a lamp from the room that we purchased for a different house. Though I love the lamp, it just doesn't belong here so I will donate it. Also got brave and decided to donate the HUGE STACK of unused homeschool curriculum that I purchased and decided I didn't like. That stack has been collecting dust near the woodstove and I feel like I lost 5 pounds making that one decision!

We ordered new dining room chairs and they are still in these huge boxes. Tomorrow my goal is to VACUUM the living room and put the chairs together (yippppeeeee)!

Sadly, the entry way is clogged again, but I know why. John brought home several boxes of media from his dad's house and I received an extremely large box full of Christmas presents that I must unpack and wrap this weekend. So, even though it is messy, I realize it is truly temporary. Kitchen is looking shabby, but that is temporary as well as I've been off my routine this past week.

Have way too many library books on the floor so that problem needs a solution. I'm considering emptying 5 cubbies to make room for BOOKS. Would REALLY like to put library books on a shelf (that doesn't exist) right outside Daniel's room where the guitars are but can't find the right size.

So there's my update. Sad but true. I shall take some photos tomorrow (hopefully) of the vacuumed carpet. Oh the thought!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...