Sunday, January 8, 2012

Front Porch Pretties





I only went for primroses. But I saw a pot I really liked, no, that's not what happened. I stepped into the shade house "just to sniff the sarcoccoa" and these two little guys JUMPED onto my cart! Then I saw the sweetest hellebore who begged me to take him home (his name is Jacob). Of course, I had to go back to get another white primrose to match and then decided it all needed to go in one big pot. That's when I found the pot. After the plants. January is the big indoor plant/pot sale at my favorite nursery so I got the pot 30% off-yeah! I purposely did not come home with a trailer because I want to enjoy the pot in full view for awhile.

It is ridiculous to pay $4.99 for a 4" Western Sword Fern when I grew up around thousands of them. But I figure I'm paying for the convenience. And that I did.

I immediately got to work upon returning home. Walking out the front door today was sheer HEAVEN...the strong smell of sweet box attacked me as I opened the door. Just like I wanted. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...