Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Mantel Art



Before Thanksgiving, I ordered the Crate & Barrel Circuit Wall Candleholder and then decided I needed to MEASURE the area above the mantel to make sure it would in fact-fit. GUESS WHAT? Too big. I have standard 8' ceilings and it just would be too big so I cancelled the order with Crate & Barrel (excellent customer service) and I found the Collage Sconce at Z'Gallerie which I bought on sale for Black Friday. I love that the package came with two extra tealight cups and everything was protected with no breakage. The metal has a bit of a rusty finish and I wasn't sure if I'd like that it wasn't black (even though the photo looks really black). But it really works and I think it has a softer look NOT being all black. The Circuit Wall is 48"x33" and the Collage Scone is 40"x24", so the Sconce simply fits better.

Ironically, today as I look at the links, the Circuit Wall price has gone UP $30 to $179 and the Sconce is on SALE for $69.99 down from $79.95. I am so pleased with my purchase and was thrilled the Sconce was SO EASY to install. We used the E-Z Ancor metal screw-in wall anchors (50lb limit each) from Home Depot. One screw, two screws and it was up. Too bad Z'Gallerie doesn't have place for ratings on their website, they'd earn a 5 out of 5!

I thought I might sell the artwork by Howard Behrens, but Daniel requested it for his room. It looks AWESOME above his art table!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...