Friday, January 20, 2012

Today's Challenge

This is what the playroom looks like today. We removed the cart last weekend and I'm left with a heap. I've walked into this room several times to start cleaning up and just can't focus. I can't seem to start. The living room was a little like this, too-DIFFICULT. The immediate goal is to get the entire area in the photo EMPTIED so we can A) we can put together the new bookcases (which are still in the living room) and B) prepare for painting (which happens on the 30th).

I am so miserable not doing anything, I made myself to look at what needs to be done this afternoon. Here's what I see:
garbage can
fan
box of new bottles
3 boxes containing bottles of fragrance oil
paper towel roll
organza pouches
shirt
box of pens
lip balm packaging, supplies & ingredients
paint cans
spackle
paint supplies
zip baggies
packing peanuts
2 empty game boxes
large chair boxes
3 metal end tables
3 sewing machines (!!!)
box for October decorations
give away box (full & heavy)
magazine boxes
dish
ribbon drawer in a bag
art supplies drawer
stack of journals
empty boxes
soap ingredients & supplies
bag of poly fill

OK. Reality check...some of these things will GO, some will stay and some go to the recycle bin. I need to take the paint back to Bruce to darken it, too cotton candy pink (do this on 28th).

So here's my to-do list:
-next Sat 1/27 take in paint for color adjustment and a good shake
-take all recycle out
-put all ingredients together, these should go in a box in the garage
-gather journals, art supplies, ribbon bag, polyfill and put in sunroom (these will go on the bookcase when assembled)
WAIT, I'm going to do this another way...hey, this works! I took my list and organized it. I'm going to do the EASY section this afternoon.
paint cans
spackle
paint supplies
magazine boxes leave in room for now
_________________________business supplies, just gather together
lip balm packaging, supplies & ingredients
zip baggies
box of new bottles
organza pouches
soap ingredients & supplies
3 boxes containing bottles of fragrance oil
_________________________move to sunroom (kids can help on Monday)ribbon drawer in a bagart supplies drawerstack of journalsbox of pens2 empty game boxes
_________________________easy-do now today
Xdish (dishwasher)
Xfan (put bag on and put in its winter home in garage)
Xshirt (dirty clothes)
Xpaper towel roll
Xbag of poly fill (sunroom)
_________________________"difficult things", move to sunroom
3 metal end tables
3 sewing machines (!!!)
box for October decorations
empty boxes
large chair boxes
garbage can (sunroom)
_________________________for craigslist tomorrow
free packing peanuts
_________________________drop off at goodwill next week
give away box (full & heavy)

This project is hanging over my head. It doesn't have to take this long. I can't wait until these last two rooms are done. I keep thinking about what my life will be like when my house is tidy!

Update: After doing the easy things, I can see there's a lot more stuff that didn't make the list. I will categorize what can't be dealt with easily. Put the sewing machines together. Will put two on craigslist tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...