Sunday, July 31, 2011

Why Do You Post Pictures Of Your Clutter?

"I'm embarrassed for you, why would anyone post pictures of their mess"?

Let me explain. I have been messy like this my whole life. It is the way I relate to my stuff. I'm coming to understand that it is quite selfish of me to continue to relate to my stuff this way when there's three other humans living with me! But I'm lacking deep conviction about the mess.

About 2 months ago, I cleaned and purged the sunroom, the stairs and the dining room...and guess what? They are a mess again. What happened? I just picked up the stuff (which is good!) but true heart-level change did not occur. So I am seeking true repentance in this area. By taking and posting pictures, I'm exposing the truth of my selfishness...it is painful to SEE what I'm doing. This exposure helps break the bonds of this stronghold in my heart allowing a deep work of heart-level change in my attitudes, intentions and motivations.

This blog is also an act of faith, I am believing in the same way that I was able to overcome my poor cooking skills (see http://my-cooking-journal.blogspot.com/ ) I'm hoping to see positive change with regards to housekeeping as I obey my conscience. I intend to post before and after pictures.

This blog is for ME...but you are welcome to come along. Thanks for following me. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...