Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sarah's Room Clean!


So I was planning on starting the house cleaning with the kids' rooms. I spent 15 minutes in each room just picking up garbage and stuff. I was surprised how very (very) difficult it is to work in Dan's room...he has tons of little things with pieces EVERYWHERE!

On Tuesday, Sarah start started cleaning her own room! She sorted through books and toys, collecting them in bags. She cleaned out her closet and all her drawers and bookshelf! And she just DID it and did it faster than I ever could have! What a blessing this is to me and of course, wonderful for her that she can see her carpet and move about her room! I found her this morning with her slippers on, sitting on her shag pink carpet in her robe reading a book!

It was so unexpected that she took the initiative to clean her room! We still have a few bags of stuff that will be difficult to sort, but we'll do it together and then she'll be done, DONE!

I'm simply flabberghasted at this wonderful start! Thank you Sarah!

AND (get this) I finished sizing her blind...after four years! I just DID it today while she kept cleaning the floor, then the drawers, then the closet and this project that has been hanging over my head for FOUR YEARS is done!!!! Wow. (I wrote this post but saved it as a draft since the blog was "on hold" and published it later).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...