Thursday, August 25, 2011

Garden Rooms





There are rooms inside and there are rooms outside, too. My garden is growing despite the fact we haven't had any heat, this has been an unusually cool summer (I love it)! As you've been reading, there is SO much to do inside. Today I took a little walk outside and I realize there's a lot out to do out here, too. But today I'm going to enjoy the flowers. If I take a picture and fill the frame with the blossom, you won't see the weeds or my messy porch! :) The house photo looks especially good because of the sneaky angle...you can't see the whispy weeds flying out over the path as you approach the cluttered porch!

GOOD: I did plant my hanging basket and rail baskets this year. I'm always glad in August that I took time to do it in May. Too bad there wasn't much heat to fluff them up this year! My 'Ice Carnival' daylily bloomed this year (long story). Hydrangea cutting that I nabbed from a friend last summer (she was on vacation and asked me to water her garden), bloomed! Mr. Oakleaf Hydrangea bounced back from the cold damage from the year before! Karl is growing and hides where we store the firewood on the porch (Calamagrostis xacutiflora 'Karl Foerster'). We have APPLES! We planted three apple trees 2 years ago and had one baby apple last year but this year all three are fruiting!

BAD: My roses only bloomed once because I was lazy about pruning this year. Hydrangea to right of porch only had one gangly blossom. I planted a Paperbark Maple (Acer griseum) but didn't water it. Neglected the poor thing. Eh, I figure it just makes 'em stronger! Blueberry in front needs to be moved, bad spot for him.

I'm expecting that when my house is clean and tidy on the inside, I'll have more energy and time for the outside. THAT will be exciting as I have many more things I'd like to do out here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...