Thursday, December 8, 2011

PP-Playroom Purge and FBB-Friends Bring Blessings!





What a day! I'm exhausted. My sweet friend Christi recently had her 7th child and she received from me a pedicure for her baby shower gift. I really thought I was blessing her, but she blessed me even more! I was looking forward to our time together and when she rang the doorbell all I could see were her legs and this huge box of fresh food! Croissants, super thick sliced black forest ham, cheese, oranges and bananas! What a blessing (especially since I totally forgot about lunch for today)! She came in and the kids immediately commendeered her! We finally got her tootsies in the foot bath and somehow I ended up telling her my life story! I was wanting to hear HERS! (Thanks Christi for a wonderful day with you, too bad it didn't last longer)!

THEN

Sweet Nancy B, Tara and Jeri came and TOOK STUFF AWAY! I have been posting my junk on a secret Facebook group and these lovely ladies wanted a few things-I'M SO HAPPY! Thank you all for spending time with me today, I'm so glad you are blessed by these things, but I consider YOU the blessing for taking it all AWAY! :) Mostly, though, I want to thank each of you for your unconditional love and support and encouragement, that means a lot to me.

You can see the "before" and "after" of the work area table-which is now gone. It wouldn't have happened without Christi! She (and Sarah!) took off the 2nd shelf off the wall because I didn't get it done before Tara arrived. (THANK YOU so much for seeing what needed to be done and doing it for me)! Now I REALLY have stuff all over the floor as I had to empty all the bins and work area onto the floor.

I'm really pleased...so much of what was left on the work area was stuff I couldn't part with two months ago, but now that I've cleared out and given away a lot of supplies, I'm finding it much easier to toss what really needed to be tossed then. We took out an enormous "leaf bag" last night of old perfumes and ingredients that I'll never use...now I need to go through the mounds of stacks of blank labels! I started a giveaway box for all the empty glass perfume bottles I'll never use and I will have to come to grips with throwing away about $500 worth of custom printed perfume labels that will NEVER get used again. They belong in the trash and I have to just do it. It is time now for that.

Even in all of that, I realize we are really starting to make headway! In one of Vicki Norris' books, she describes a tunnel...I feel like maybe I'm in the latter half of the tunnel...maybe. That is encouraging. Now I have A LOT of work to do...clean up the pedicure stuff, attend to the kitchen which received lots of attention and no clean up this afternoon AND start dealing with stuff heaped on the floor.

Surprisingly, my husband is suggesting we put up the new bookshelves THIS WEEKEND. That means I need to buy paint tomorrow because that has to be done first! And it is Thursday night! Stay tuned, things are rockin' around here!

4 comments:

  1. What a blessed day you had with loving friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing and inspiring, my friend! Your exuberance in this post made you jump right off the page into my office, and I miss you tremendously!!! I was wondering if you could send me a picture of the perfume labels? You may not have to throw them away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Naomi Hi Naomi, It will be even MORE fun to have them all back when we can move in here! Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Angela Andrews Hi Angela, thank you so much for your encouragement! Sure, I'll send some pics of the blank labels when I get a chance. We're going to IKEA today to get two more Expedit bookcases and I want to paint. I might not get to the labels for a couple days. :) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...