Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sunroom - BEFORE






Last Thursday we got rid of a bunch of stuff...friends came and took it away. This was a blessing. BUT. Now I have stuff all over the floor (mainly in the playroom) because we couldn't get the bookcases we were going to install last weekend. This left me with a heap of stuff with no place to stow it. It also left me with a heavy heart.

I started to realize I was feeling sorry for myself. I was focusing on myself and my problem. I was totally stuck and I was trying to figure it all out in my own strength. As of Monday, these bookcases won't be in stock until mid-FEBRUARY. I felt dejected, derailed, demotivated and depressed! My friend Christi spurred me to examine my AIM (attitudes, intentions and motivations) which I did! That exercise helped me expose and repent of some pretty pathetic stuff. The next day at a real low point, the Lord spoke to me...a beautiful promise, an assurance which gave me great hope, security and encouragement.

Then yesterday my sweet friend Marilyn and I talked. I was really blessed by her as we talked together about many things. Today I heard the Lord direct me to the sunroom. I did "before" pictures a couple weeks ago and I don't need to do WDIS (What Do I See)...it is all been dumped in here. Most things belong somewhere else. I have already received vision for this room regarding an extendable table. I was motivated by my heart full of worship and trust in what He is doing in my life...inch by inch.

When I'm done cleaning, this room will contain:
-the computers
-bookcase
-extendable table
-nail table

I also have some ideas about how to store the Legos! The table is 41" deep (hooray!) for puzzles, projects and probably the Lego Building Station! We've discussed the possibility of having the children combine their Lego collections and share, but that hasn't been decided yet.

I'm hoping we can get the table this weekend along with some large Lego boxes to tuck and store under the table. John wants to create a central Lego "station" area so both children can reach and build with their Legos.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...